ANI Announces Completion of La Pintada-Medellin Highway Upgrades
Colombia’s national infrastructure agency (Agencia Nacional de Infraestructura, ANI) announced December 5 that upgrades to the existing, two-lane highway between the southern Medellin suburb of Primavera and the municipality of La Pintada (adjacent to the Cauca River) have now been completed.
This 54-kilometers-long upgrade -- part of the “Conexion Pacifico 2” highway project -- is the first of five major “fourth generation” (4G) highways in Antioquia scheduled for completion over the next five years, according to ANI.
The upgrades included asphalt milling and repaving as well as construction of retention walls in “critical points,” according to ANI.
The project also includes continuing 24-hours/day emergency and vehicle breakdown services, the agency added.
The “Pacifico 2” Project covers a total of 97.8 kilometers, with a budget of approximately COP$1.3 trillion (US$428 million), acccording to ANI.
Latest from Roberto Peckham
- EPM 1Q 2017 Net Income Jumps 460% Year-on-Year
- Hidroituango Wins Crucial Transmission Permit: Huge Boost for Medellin, Antioquia
- Medellin Textile Giants Coltejer, Fabricato Post Net Losses for 2016
- Cormagdalena Cancels Navelena Contract; Magdalena River Dredging Up for Grabs
- More Expats Proving You Can Broaden Careers, Raise Young Families in Medellin
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.