Thursday, August 18, 2022

Become part of our community

captcha 
Celsia Hydropower Dam in Colombia Celsia Hydropower Dam in Colombia Source: Celsia

Celsia 2Q 2022 Net Income Dips 23% Year-on-Year

Published in Companies Written by  August 06 2022 font size decrease font size increase font size 0
Rate this item
(1 Vote)

Medellin-based electric power producer Celsia (a division of Grupo Argos) announced August 5 that its second quarter (2Q) 2022 net income fell to COP$152 billion (US$35 million), a 23% decline from the COP$198 billion (US$51 million) net in 2Q 2021.

Consolidated 2Q 2022 revenues hit COP$1.21 trillion (US$279 million), with 89% of that coming from Colombia operations (COP$1.08 trillion/US$249 million). The other 11% came from Central America operations (COP$132 billion/US$30 million), according to the company.

Consolidated earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) reached COP$458 billion (US$105 million) in 2Q 2022, of which Colombia accounted for COP$397 billion (US$91 million). Celsia credited the positive results to higher total power sales along with recent upgrades to power distribution networks.

EBITDA margin in the latest quarter came-in at 37.9%.

Meanwhile, for the first half (1H) of 2022, consolidated net profit so-far totals COP$318 billion (US$73 million), while net 1H 2022 investments totaled COP$827 billion (US$190 million), mainly in “expansion and technological updating of networks, as well as the growth of solar-power farms,” according to the company.

Celsia added that it closed the latest quarter with a consolidated debt of COP$5.13 trillion (US$1.18 billion) and a leverage ratio of 3.04-times debt to-EBITDA.

Read 127 times Last modified on Last modified on August 06 2022

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

About Medellin Herald

Medellin Herald is a locally produced, English-language news and advisory service uniquely focused upon a more-mature audience of visitors, investors, conference and trade-show attendees, property buyers, expats, retirees, volunteers and nature lovers.

U.S. native Roberto Peckham, who founded Medellin Herald in 2015, has been residing in metro Medellin since 2005 and has traveled regularly and extensively throughout Colombia since 1981.

Medellin Herald welcomes your editorial contributions, comments and story-idea suggestions. Send us a message using the "contact" section.

Contact US

logo def
Medellin Herald: Find news, information, reviews and opinion on business, events, conferences, congresses, education, real estate, investing, retiring and more.
  • COL (4) 386 06 27
  • USA (1) 305 517 76 35
  •  www.medellinherald.com 
  •  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
  • Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia

Medellín Photo Galery

Medellin, contrasting colors and styles by Gabriel Buitrago

MPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGnav