Saturday, September 25, 2021

Become part of our community

captcha 
Bancolombia Reopens Branches with Covid-19 Biosafety Protocols Bancolombia Reopens Branches with Covid-19 Biosafety Protocols Source: Bancolombia

Bancolombia Reopens Branches; Medellin Hours 9am-4pm Daily at 23 of 90 Outlets

Published in Companies Written by  May 11 2020 font size decrease font size increase font size 0
Rate this item
(1 Vote)

Medellin-based banking giant Bancolombia announced May 11 that 634 of its 684 branches nationwide are now open -- all with Covid-19-avoidance biosafety protocols, with many locations operating from 9:00 am at 4:00 pm daily, but closed Saturdays.

“The curfew decrees and other measures adopted in municipalities and localities of the country will be respected,” according to Bancolombia.

“We will continue with the policy of not allowing more than 50 people to enter a branch at one time” and “the use of face masks is mandatory,” according to the company, Colombia’s biggest bank.

“In all the branches that will be opened, we have installed acrylic shields in the cashier and advisory areas in order to create physical distance between employees and customers.

“We will deliver customer service [queuing] cards up to 15 minutes before the closure of each branch in order to be able to comply with biosafety standards and protocols. We reinforce all hygiene measures and cleaning cycles inside the offices.

“From this date [May 11] we will activate 80% of our commercial team, which has all the protection measures already mentioned. The remaining 20% of the human team of branches will continue in preventive isolation, including people at high risk, such as adults over 60, pregnant women and lactating mothers,” the company added.

“Bogotá will open from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. continuously, and a pilot program with these same hours is already operating in Medellín at 23 of the 90 offices in the metropolitan area, in order to test the volume of traffic of employees and customers at times of greater concentration and mobility.”

However, Bancolombia has eliminated Saturday and extended-hours services -- at least for now, the company added.

 

Read 1082 times Last modified on Last modified on May 13 2020

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

About Medellin Herald

Medellin Herald is a locally produced, English-language news and advisory service uniquely focused upon a more-mature audience of visitors, investors, conference and trade-show attendees, property buyers, expats, retirees, volunteers and nature lovers.

U.S. native Roberto Peckham, who founded Medellin Herald in 2015, has been residing in metro Medellin since 2005 and has traveled regularly and extensively throughout Colombia since 1981.

Medellin Herald welcomes your editorial contributions, comments and story-idea suggestions. Send us a message using the "contact" section.

Contact US

logo def
Medellin Herald: Find news, information, reviews and opinion on business, events, conferences, congresses, education, real estate, investing, retiring and more.
  • COL (4) 386 06 27
  • USA (1) 305 517 76 35
  •  www.medellinherald.com 
  •  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 
  • Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia

Medellín Photo Galery

Medellin, contrasting colors and styles by Gabriel Buitrago

MPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGMPGnav